In today’s episode, we will be speaking about digital clutter. People think that having a lot of digital files is ok, but you want to be careful that you are not becoming a digital hoarder. Today I will go through the best way to clean out your digital files and organize them.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For:
- [01:58] Do a little bit of digital cleaning every day. Doing a little bit every day is better than not doing anything at all.
- [02:47] Set up a basic folder system for yourself
- [05:00] Name your files according to what their contents are (and stick to this naming protocol!)
- [10:57] It is in your best interest to name the files in a way that you can recall exactly what is in each folder and what each file contains.
- [12:30] For photographs, I upload the photos and then make a folder for each year.
- [15:00] Always make sure you backup your files before you clear out storage space on your computer!
- [21:00] When you are organizing your files, BE SPECIFIC.
Make sure to check out my Conquer Your Clutter course to learn how to minimize the items in your house and maximize the time with your family.
Feel free to send me a message about a topic YOU want to here about my contacting me here