Black Friday is upon us… don’t make bad choices when shopping, shop with intention. make a list (and stick to the list) so you don’t make bad choices and end up with more clutter!
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [04:00] Growing up, my family did not really “do Black Friday” but when we first got married, my husband and I would check the sales ahead of time and wait in line at 4 AM on Black Friday for the electronics we wanted.
- [06:43] As I looked through the “Black Friday Specials” from these stores, I can’t help but think that the deals are not that special and my mindset has really shifted these past 6 years of becoming more Zero waste and I just feel like I don’t need to buy this and I don’t feel like I am missing out on something.
- [08:03] It is important to look at these end of year deals and carefully access what we actually need to buy, or if we just want these things.
- [08:31] Be methodical about what you buy and shop with intention.
- [09:11] When you shop with intention, you don’t have buyer’s remorse and you only buy what you truly need and items of higher quality.
- [14:33] I think that we can send a great message to our kids: Not everything in this world is one-time use.
- [15:20] My advice if you do go shopping: if you wouldn’t buy it even at full price, don’t just buy it because it’s on sale.
Make sure to check out my Conquer Your Clutter course to learn how to minimize the items in your house and maximize the time with your family.