Tu B’Av & 3 Tips To Organize Your Marriage
This week is the minor Jewish holiday of Tu B’Av- a prestigious day to get married and the Jewish “Day of Love.” In today’s podcast, I speak about what Tu B’Av is, and what you can do to get organized when planning your marriage.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For:
- [01:35] The holiday of Tu B’Av (the 15th of Av) is first mentioned in the Mishna of Taanit. Where the single women would gather, share clothes, and dance in the fields to find a mate.
- [04:36] Tu B’Av has this idea surrounding it: What we have is meant to be shared with other people.
- [08:00] Set goals for your marriage either in preparation of your marriage or if you have been married for years.
- [10:14] It is important to be open with the person who you’re going to be spending your life with.
- [11:07] Before you get married: get organized and sign a halachic prenup.
- [13:44] Organize your finances before you get married and set goals for your finances.
If you are looking for a way to organize your finances, make sure to check out Episode 70 for tips from Rivka Lebowitz, a financial advisor.
(Listen closely for a special coupon code for her course!)
Are you looking for a way to declutter in a contact-free way? Book a Done In A Day declutter session with me for a personalized, 4 hour declutter session to get the organized home you have always wanted.