3 Tips to Organize for Rosh Hashanah
This year you may not be going to shul for Rosh Hashannah or any part of Yom Tov – so I decided to talk about how you can organize yourself for a more spiritual Jewish New Year experience. You CAN have a spiritual Rosh HaShannah but you will need to do some advanced planning! So check out this episode to see what you can do now to get organized for the holidays!
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [01:12] when you prepare what you want in advance, it allows you to take time upfront on what you need to help organize yourself to give you the best holiday experience.
- [01:46] Tip #1: As a spiritual tip to help you prepare (and organize) for Chag: Organize and sit with your thoughts to sort out personal goals for where and how you want to grow this coming year.
- [06:43] Look around online for resources and commentaries you can print off to read and feel inspired by over Chag- this is especially important as many of us will not be going to shuls as we normally do, due to Corona.
- [07:43] Tip #2: Know what is going on in your community for Chag, and if you need to arrange to hear the Shofar on Rosh Hashannah- do so now.
- [09:16] Tip #3: Elevate your table (and get organized so that you can do so!)
- What I mean by this is to make sure that you have all the things that you need for Chag: the new fruit, a nice outfit, a nicely set table, some inspirational words to share… bring as many holiday vibes as you can for Chag. Don’t just sit around in loungewear over Chag- find something in your closets that make you feel nice.
- [14:57] Now is the time to organize your tzedakah for the year ie where do you want to give, when and how much you want to give.
- [16:30] Pro tip- include your kids in the mitzvah of giving tzedakah!
Make sure to join my exclusive Facebook Group – Organizing in Israel to stay up to date on special interviews, along with tips and tricks to how to get organized in your everyday life.
If you are looking for a way to get organized (and stay organized), living in your dream home with zero to no clutter- contact me today to book your Done In A Day Declutter session!