How to Deal With Decision Fatigue
This is something I have mentioned before and it is a real thing that I have seen clients of mine suffer from- especially during a declutter session. In today’s episode I explain what decision fatigue is, and how limiting our possessions can help prevent us from decision fatigue in our day to day life.
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [00:57] Researchers at Cornell University estimate that we make 226.7 daily decisions just about FOOD.
- [01:35] It is also estimated that the average adult makes 35,000 remotely conscious decisions EVERY DAY.
- [02:13] Some of these decisions are by default whereas others are more active decisions.
- [04:10] What is decision fatigue?
- [05:29] How decision fatigue affects you and your brain
- [09:28] It is important to be aware of when you feel decision fatigue coming on so that you can avoid any impulsive behavior
- [09:43] 6 tips to help avoid decision fatigue
- [18:33] When you feel decision fatigue coming on, especially during a declutter session: take a break, eat some protein, hydrate and then go back to finish the task.
- [19:37] Why I don’t suggest listening to music while you declutter
- [21:53] When you are doing that 1 task, your brain will function better when it’s able to focus on just that one task.