How to Deal With Collectors
Are you a collector?
How about your partner or child?
Do you collect one type of thing or many?
Collections can turn into problems mighty fast — learn what to do with collectors and collections in this week’s episode.
Key Takeaways To Tune in For:
- [00:53] The difference between a collector and a hoarder.
- [04:03] Collections become too much to handle when people stop becoming selective about what they’re collecting.
- [08:01] Children who collect items, toys, etc.
- [10:10] As a parent, when you show your kids that you value their collection and you value them, it will make it easier for them to agree to downsize their collection.
- [12:44] Adults with collections.
- [13:12] By encouraging adults with collections to use their collections as decor, it will help to manage and prioritize the most important items in their collection.
- [15:02] Living with a collector: how to find common ground.
- [17:53] When to get help if you have a hoarding issue.
If you are having trouble managing your collection or want to get organized, reach out to book your Done In A Day session today!
Done In A Day will help you manage your clutter, as we work together one day at a time to get the organized home you always dreamed of!