Getting ready for a fast can be difficult. On today’s podcast, I speak about how to get organized for the fast of Tisha B’Av coming from a place of personally mourning the loss of my mother going straight into national mourning.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For:
- [01:54] At first glance there are not a lot of things you can say about organization relating to Tisha B’Av but I think that there are some aspects of organization related to mourning that we can all learn from.
- [04:14] What I think the difference is between personally mourning the loss of a loved one and national mourning the destruction of the Jewish Temple.
- [07:05] With national mourning, you have a way to be prepared that it’s coming as opposed to private mourning can be unexpected, and without time to prepare.
- [10:27] I believe that there is value to taking the time to prepare oneself for events by speaking about life events with our loved ones.
- [17:02] I always see a list of things people suggest to do to prepare for the fast. This shows that there is always a level of preparation that needs to go into planning Jewish life cycle events, to not be caught off guard.
Make sure to check out my Conquer Your Clutter course to learn how to minimize the items in your house and maximize the time with your family.