Deena Fiedler – Leket Israel
In today’s podcast, I sat down with Deena Fiedler, of Leket Israel to discuss food waste, why it’s an environmental issue, and what Leket Israel is doing to prevent it.
You can learn more about Leket, and sign up to volunteer in the link below.
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [01:14] I am a big believer that overconsumption is what causes us to be disorganized, and it’s wasteful for the products that are produced and the food that is not used
- [01:48] Too often, I see my clients wasting food due to poor meal planning and lack of goals. (You can hear more about meal planning in Podcast episode 89 and episode 93)
- [03:41] How Leket Israel got started
- [10:00] Why food rescue is SO valuable in Israel
- [19:08] Tips on working with a caterer to reduce food waste at a Simcha
- [21:00] How to reduce food waste in your OWN home
- [21:27] The truth behind expiration dates
- [25:55] More Leket Israel programs
- [30:33] How YOU can volunteer with Leket
Looking to get assistance with your meal planning to help your family eat better and waste less? Guide your meal planning guide here!