National Clean Off Your Desk Day
January 11 is National Clean Your Desk Day – and of course – I had to celebrate with a podcast episode! I love it when my desk is clean!
This week I chat about what my desk looks like and the problems I have with keeping it tidy (yes my kids dump stuff on it, ALL THE TIME!!!)
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [01:36] Hard truth: Too often, my desk becomes a dumping ground for not just my stuff- but for everyone in my family.
- [04:10] I always prefer it when my desk is tidy, and I try to tidy it up once a week.
- [04:45] My desk set-up.
- [07:10] When your space is clear, it is easy to focus on the work you need to do, without distraction.
- [09:10] My top tip to keep your desk clear: tidy it up throughout the week, instead of doing it all at once.
- [10:19] It is important to remind your family members that your desk is not a dumping ground and to put things back where they found them on your desk.