Things That Hold Us Back From Decluttering
I want to discuss today why people have so much trouble spending money to get the help they need when it comes to getting organized and decluttering! Identifying the problem is key, oftentimes we know that decluttering needs to happen but we don’t know where the setback is, you may think it is money, but really it is fear! You may think it is fear but maybe it is really time.
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [04:40] Family members can be reluctant to decluttering and getting rid of useless items.
- [07:20] Take the time to ask yourself “What is holding me back from getting organized?”
- [10:38] It is valid and possible to feel scared about starting your organization journey, but you can do it. You need to think about WHY you are scared
- [14:05] There is a feeling of calm that comes after you remove the items you don’t need anymore
- [15:33] When we make up our mind to do something, fear and worry stop us.
- [17:00] We have to define who we are, not have our things define who we are.
- [20:20] Getting rid of what you don’t need helps strengthen the feeling of being in control of your life (and the things that are in it)
- [33:40] Money is a huge deterrent in getting organized. But it should not stop you from getting organized!
If you can’t afford a pro, get a friend to be an accountability buddy, or someone from your family to help you sort.
Make sure to check out my Conquer Your Clutter course to learn how to minimize the items in your house and maximize the time with your family.