Distractions are part of life, what can you do about them?
How can you move past them?
This week I talk about my 3 tips to get past distractions and keep yourself on task when you are organizing, but the tips can really be applied in other ways too, like getting your to-do list taken care of.
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [04:17] Surprise! I get distracted too during tasks. (It happens to us all, we are all human!)
- [05:09] I think that during decluttering it is SO much easier to get distracted than when you are doing other tasks. This is the challenge that we have to push through.
- [06:20] My 3 tips to help handle the distractions
- [06:30] Tip #1 Set a time limit for the distractions so that you don’t get sucked in.
- [07:25] Tip #2 has two parts: Plan your day, and be flexible when/if things come up.
- [10:38] When you are planning your day- budget your time and add in a buffer zone for anything that may come up
- [11:30] Distractions are always coming up, and this buffer time will allow you to become more flexible.
- [13:00] Tip #3 Get a partner: Get a professional, get an accountability partner to keep you on track.
- [15:37 ]Your accountability partner should put your success as their priority.
- [16:10] If you need a professional to help you declutter- DO IT! It is worth the time and money and effort to reach out and get a professional to help you declutter, keep you on track and help you achieve your goals.