Today I want to speak about why people hold onto items and why it can be so difficult to let things go.
A lot of people who make Aliyah feel the need to bring many things that they don’t actually need and hold onto a lot of stuff in the process.
It is important to tune into your feelings towards your stuff and unpack these feelings, in order to let the things you don’t need, go.
Key Takeaways to Tune In For
- [03:41] When we have our stuff, it makes us feel comfortable in new environments. However, in reality, it, when we get rid of it pushes us out of our comfort zones, and this “scarcity mindset” sets in.
- [05:50] I always see people making Aliyah asking in Facebook groups “What do I NEED to bring on my lift?” but really, you can get anything you need either in Israel or shipped here.
- [08:30] It is just not possible to live your best life when you have more stuff than what you actually need.
- [09:00] When you are thinking “Can I let this item go?” think about how useful this item is to you NOW and if not, how useful will it really be?
- [17:13] When you are decluttering, if you let the fear and worry overcome you – it will prevent you from getting organized.
- [18:16] You don’t need everything you think you need. You can substitute that item with an item that does the job that you need it to do.
- [19:57] It is important to unpack your feelings towards the stuff you own. This is SO important when decluttering as it puts you in a much better position throughout your journey to organization.